In the 21st century and Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics have an inevitable part of education. Europe needs to increase skills on STEAM to the citizens and the school is the ideal place to enhance these skills with students and teachers from other countries. We are trying to make the first steps on it and we think we can share some experiences and knowledge with other European countries and learn a lot from each other. We want our future citizen to be complete European citizens with this project. To do that, we all need to gain skills like critical thinking, creativity, problem solving, communication, collaboration, and socialization. We need to learn more about STEAM activities, tracing new technological advancements, adding value of quality to our institutions, raising the success and capabilities of students, digital skills in education, exchanging new ideas implementations, cross cultural integration, learning various educational systems and improving foreign language.
Our horizontal priority is to increase the level of achievement and interest in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and arts. We desire to improve our skills in STEAM, add new value to our knowledge and experiences. We want to improve our ICT skills, digital competences, learn more about new technologies, reshape our practicality and strategies in STEAM. In order to have quality of teaching and learning by this way we will all add european values to our institutions. The detailes are as follows;
- developing using actively STEAM implementations with an enrich curriculum
- using efficiently our digitally literacy skills, improving the skills like critical thinking, creativity, problem solving, communication, collaboration, socialization and algorithm thinking
- having positive classroom atmosphere through teachable and learnable strategies
- raising our students motivation to build their future careers and having life learning skills
- having self-respect, self-esteem and self-confidence by cooperation
Coordinator country will give the partner countries training about programming and robotics to improve both teachers and students in engineering and technology. The content of the activities in Finland is to combine computer-supported learning environments with science and arts in workshops for the students and teachers.
- Portugal will promote skills about programming, 3D designing related to Art, Arduino and Mathematics work to support programming
- Netherlands will work about programming, robotics and sensors as to enhance the participants engineering skills
- Turkey (Adana) will give training about web 2.0 tools technology, digital storytelling tools and Thinkercad
- Turkey (Datca) will give training about designing robotics, coding and drones
- Iceland will work on technology-based classroom approach, how to integrate technology and develop teaching materials
- Finland concentrates in modern, computer-supported learning environments in science and arts.
Each country will create a project team.
Our concrete results will be project logo, posters, leaflets, e-journal, e-guide book, website, educational materials in STEAM, such as experiments in science, for technology robotics, educational materials with Web 2.0 tools, software files for 3D printings and programming for engineering and arts. Twinspace will help us to implement and share these results.